What is Wrap A Bottom®?
Wrap A Bottom is a diaper collection effort started by Harvester Christian Church to meet an extreme diaper need in the St. Louis area. Diaper need is the inability of a mother or family to purchase clean disposable diapers for their child.Previous Year’s Collection
So, where do I bring my donations?
- To a weekend service
- To a collection point in your neighborhood or local business
- To Harvester Christian Church- Troy campus office | M-W-Th from 9am-4pm
How You can help
Help us end the diaper need in the St. Louis area and break the cycle of poverty for local families by getting involved in one of the areas below:
- Donate diapers.
- Ship diapers to the Harvester Christian Church – Troy campus church office: 43 Front Street, Troy, MO 63379
- Drop diapers of at the church office or weekend services
- Find a neighborhood or business collection site
- Become a collection site
- Provide logistical support by way of storage, volunteers, or transportation.
- Provide promotional support through various media via donations or media connections.
For more information or to get involved contact Local Outreach Pastor Bill Sontag.
A Look At The Realities
- 30% of mothers report diaper need
- 1 in 3 mothers struggle to provide clean diapers
- 1 in 20 moms have reused soiled diapers
- It cost almost $1000 a year to diaper ONE child
- Diapers cannot be obtained by food stamps
- Women who report diaper need are more likely to also report mental health issues.
The cycle of poverty continues with those who can’t afford diapers! Most daycare providers require a day’s supply of diapers per child. If a mother can’t afford diapers she can’t place her child in daycare, and without daycare she can’t pursue employment to pay for the diapers she needs. Round and round it goes!Mother’s Story
Who does it help?
Several local organizations including Saint Louis Crisis Nursery have partnered to receive and distribute the diapers collected through Wrap A Bottom. These organizations provide the diapers directly to the moms in need. Here is a list of just a few of over 40 partners from last year:
- List of Providers
Harvester Food Pantry
First Step Back Home
Saint Louis Crisis Nursery
Thrive St. Louis
Powell Terrace Food Pantry
O.A.S.I.S. Food Pantry
Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service
Nurses for Newborns
New Hope Resource Center
Salvation Army O’Fallon and St. Charles
Safe Families for Children
The Sparrow’s Nest
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Wrap A Bottom® diaper collections at our Troy campus were from Nov. 17 – Dec. 22, 2019.
Diapers can brought to a weekend service at the Troy campus on Sunday’s at 9am and 10:30am.